[MLton-devel] Re: Twelf benchmark

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:11:25 -0800

> This reminds me: how did you get it to run in MLton?  I believe there
> is a deviation from the standard in that we allow sharing between
> structures whose signature has a type-level definition.  As far as
> I recall, this is not in the standard...

Yeah, MLton doesn't have a proper type checker yet, and so accepts
many nonstandard programs.  We assume you've run your program through
a proper typechecker first.

I was thinking about patching your code so I could compile it with
Poly/ML.  It's usually not too difficult to replace type definitions
with datatypes, which can be shared.