[MLton-devel] bug in SSA knownCase restore pass

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:14:30 -0500 (EST)

> Either the restore pass should correctly handle unreachable blocks or
> knownCase (and anyone else that uses restore) should first eliminate
> unreachable blocks.  Matthew, can you look into fixing this?

O.k.  I checked in the simplest fix -- have shrink.fun provide a
per-function version of eliminateDeadBlocks and use that in known-case.fun
before running the restore pass.

We discussed the problems of handlers and unreachable blocks back in
August in relation to a bug reported by Alain.  I'll remind you of the
final conclusion: