[MLton-devel] eliminating Call from Machine.Transfer.t

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:40:05 -0800

I would like to eliminate the distinction in Machine.Kind.t between
Func and Jump and to eliminate Call from Machine.Transfer.t, leaving
only Goto.  To do this, I need to make explicit the stack push that
is currently implicit in call.  This will cause no problems with the C
codegen, but I am worried it may mess up the liveness information in
the x86 codegen.  Should I be worried?  Or can I go ahead and
eliminate the distinction?  Nothing else in machine or the C codegen
cares.