integration of PolySpace mods into MLton

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:12:30 -0800

> Do you know why the PolySpace people are using -native false?  Is it `just'
> because they want to link in with some C code?  I would think that the
> foreign interface would still be good enough for that.
> I guess it could be that they use C because it is more portable to Windows.

It's because they are using 20000906, which predates the release of
the native codegen.  With the new version, I think they will use the
native codegen for both Linux and Windows.  But Alain stressed to me
that they want to keep the C codegen for future portability to new
archs.  He mentioned that he had changed the C codegen to produce
sparc executables at some point.