history of MLton

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:06:54 -0800

Happy New Year everyone!  MLton is seeing his 6th year (OK, he's only
four and half, but that's the way it works out).  I thought it would
be fun to look back at some of the old emails from the past 5 years.
Here are the earliest internal and external emails for each of the
past 5 years, from the earliest day of the year for which I could find
a message.

year	day	sender		topic
----	------	------		-----
2002	Jan 2	sweeks		this message

2001	Jan 3	sweeks 		reworking the -keep flag
	Jan 3	Anoq		crosscompiling to Windows
2000	Jan 2	suresh 		writing up tuple flattening
	Jan 25	Dan Wang	runtime bug in stack limit check
1999	Jan 4 	henry		complaining about specs of Word.fromLargeInt
	Jan 11 	Simon Helsen	question about representation of types in XML
1998	Jan 13  sweeks		message to comp.lang.ml about defunctorizer
	Jan 16  Kjeld Mortensen thank you message for defunctorizer
1997	Sep 17	sweeks		request to Phil Feig to release defunctorizer
	Sep 17	Peter Sestoft	request to obtain source to defunctorizer
  (Actually there was email on July 30, 1997 from Chris Stone
   requesting an alpha version of the defunctorizer, before its
   official release)