gmp

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:23:18 -0600

Is it really true that most distributions include copies of GMP?  I know that
Red Hat does and so does Debian.  Hm, I guess that they and their spin offs
do account for most.
As to the Polyspace implementation of gcd, did they do it from scratch or
hook to the GMP version.  The latter is tricky since it unconditionally does
allocation (at least in the version in GMP 2.*) and the former is non-trivial.
Can you send me a pointer?
As to shared vs. static linking, as you say, that is orthogonal to including
or not GMP in MLton except that if we don't include it and we use shared
libraries then it won't work on machines that don't have it.