Polyspace and a MLton cross-compiler

Jagannathan, Suresh Suresh.Jagannathan@storagenetworks.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:52:30 -0500

Congratulations!  Can you elaborate on what their changes
entail, and what work will be involved to transform
MLton into a cross-compiler for Windows NT/2000?  Wasn't
Anon of the Sun working on a similar idea?

-- Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Weeks [mailto:sweeks@intertrust.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 6:34 PM
To: MLton@sourcelight.com
Subject: Polyspace and a MLton cross-compiler

I am pleased to announce that I have reached a consulting agreement
(in principle) with Alain Deutsch and Polyspace technologies
(http://www.polyspace.com/) to incorporate all of their changes to
MLton (they currently use 20000906) into the mainline MLton branch and
to turn MLton into a cross-compiler for Windows NT/2000.  I will be
starting work on this immediately and plan to have a working
cross-compiler for them by mid-March.