gmp

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:57:33 -0500 (EST)

> Yes, you can definitely do that.  Since we use -L and -l to load it, it will
> find the standard one if you remove the one that MLton comes with.  This
> requires that it is in a `standard' place or that we add where ever it is
> to the list of places that gcc searches for (via another -L).
> What did you do that failed?

I don't know.  It seems to work o.k. now.  I just removed the libgmp.a in
my mlton/lib directory and compiled int-inf.0.sml.  I get linker warnings
about dynamic symbols with unknown sizes and types; they go away if I
compile -static.  Likewise with smith-normal-form, although I get a
segfault unless I compile -static.