[MLton-devel] cvs commit: mark compact GC and backend/codegen changes

Matthew Fluet Matthew Fluet <fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU>
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:18:12 -0400 (EDT)

> The main thing to look at is the folding of Runtime
> transfer into CCall.

O.k.  That sounds reasonable.

> Actually, while looking, I was thinking that even more primitives
> should be moved out of the x86 codegen.  In particular, IMO, any of
> the Real.Math functions that are implemented in terms of other
> primitives should be moved into the basis library implementation,
> possibly with a conditional so they are only used when compiling
> -native true.

A couple of the trig functions fall into this category.  Probably a few
others as well could be implemented in terms of other primitives that
don't have analagous functions in the basis library, but we could
introduce as MLton primitives for the purposes of implementation.