[MLton-devel] grant proposals

Jagannathan, Suresh Suresh.Jagannathan@storagenetworks.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:27:30 -0400

NSF has a number of programming language/compiler grants
available this year.  I'd like to submit a grant to fund
some students at Purdue to work on MLton.  Do you
guys have any ideas that you'd like to see explored within
this context?  Some of the ideas we've talked about
like exception handling, limit check algorithms, etc.,
while interesting, are too narrow for a grant proposal.
More foundational ideas (like RSSA) would be more
appropriate for a proposal, since I could envision a
Ph.d dissertation stemming from that work.  Any other
ideas or directions would be most welcome.

- sj