[MLton-devel] new basis library

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:29:42 -0500

I  don't  know what the plan is, but I would think that we clearly can't stop
supporting the old basis library since many programs depend on it.   Wouldn't
the  right  move  be to require a line in the .cm file in order to get either
the old or new basis library?  (I know that this would all be faked since the
basis  library is pre-read in.)  This way we could also include a magic value
to indicate you want access to the  MLton  library.   Doesn't  CM  in  SML/NJ
already require something like this?