[MLton-devel] new basis library

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:54:45 -0700

> But that wouldn't help things vanishing.  I.e., it would be nice to be able
> to compile stuff with only the old basis library visible so that you would
> have a greater confidence in it working in a world where only that is around.
> Either way it just seems like we want to be able to pick what is around.

How about we handle this by implementing both libraries within the
basis-library/ directory, mostly implementing the old library as
wrappers around the new one.  Then we can provide two different
top-level/ directories, one for the old library and one for the new
one, and a compiler switch "-basis-library {2002|1997|none}" to switch
between them (and also allow no basis at all).