[MLton-devel] debugging native assembly and line numbers

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:22:18 -0700

> Weren't we pimped by line numbers only being 16 bits?

I think that was when debugging the huge C file produced by the C
codegen.

> I don't know what the line numbers refer to in the assembler output,

the approximate line number of the "call GC_gc" statement

> but if it is the assembler lines than I would think that we would
> overflow.

We split assembly files to keep them small, although I don't know if
we guarantee < 2^16 lines.