[MLton-devel] Successfully ported MLton to FreeBSD

Matthew Fluet Matthew Fluet <fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU>
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:31:46 -0400 (EDT)

> The  assert  on line 577 of IntInf.c is checking to make sure that the result
> of mpn_lshift() is fitting into the space allocated.   I  can't  imagine  why
> that  would fail in the BSD version.  I know that Stephen did some changes to
> this file relatively recently.

Actually, that was me who changed the implementation of IntInfs to not
require the array to be allocated in ML and then rolled back.  Instead,
the necessary size is calculated in ML, insert limit checks ensures that
this amount is available at the call, and the C side allocates at the
frontier, returning the new frontier.

In any event, I don't think Michael was using something that recent.