Cygwin cross compiler

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:36:53 -0800

> OK - that installed the compiler - now it complains that it's
> missing libgmp.so.3. I thought that was part of the compiler?
> (and I still see runtime/gmp-4.0.1.tgz in the source).
>
> Maybe that was part of the rpm setup process... should I just try
> to install that lib as a .so - or is there something else I should
> try instead?

We moved gmp out of the binary RPM because we figured most distros had
it these days and that it would be better to use the libgmp on your
machine than ship one.  The gmp is still in the sources only for
cross-compiling, since we don't expect cygwin environments to have
it.

What does 'rpm -q gmp' return on your machine?