Cygwin cross compiler

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:45:52 +0100

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> Yuck.  We need to produce executables that work on 2.2.  I just
> checked in a fix, suggested by Henry a few weeks ago, but lost in the
> shuffle.

Yeps - unavoidable rule number one for all kinds of software
development:
User's binaries must be able to run on as old systems as possible :)

>   If you are compiling on a 2.4 kernel, then at run-time check if
>   mem_unit is 0.  If so, pretend it is 1 (and don't try to grab any
>   fields that were added in 2.4 kernels).
>
> Anoq, here is a new gc.c file.  Remake the runtime and try
> hello-world.sml.  If that works, go ahead and remake mlton.  Or, I can
> post new rpms.

I'm using a 2.2 kernel. I just installed the latest public MLton version
from your homepage - that's the best I have to compile with for now I
guess. Then I tried make inside runtime/ in the source for the
experimental
release with the new gc.c - and now I get:

gc.c: 1063, 1067, 1068, 1071: structure has no field named 'mem_unit'

Should I modify something in gc.c?

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com