Cygwin cross compiler

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:26:04 +0100

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> Whoops.  I forgot you would be *compiling* on a 2.2 kernel, not just
> running on one.  There is no mem_unit for you.  Here is a slightly
> modified gc.c.  All you need to do is change the single occurrence of
> sbuf.mem_unit to 1 and you should be able to compile.

OK - I changed that to 1 and now gc.c is compiled. However I also had
to do some tweaking before I could install the runtime - copying
runtime/*.h
and include/*.h myself. But that still only installs the headers
correctly.
The .a files are apparently not built by doing this. When I do a
make runtime in the mlton-20020312 directory I have to make a copy of my
/usr/local/bin/mlton to build/bin/mlton before it works at all - and
then
get the following complaint in the end:
invalid switch: -build-constants

Before doing any of this I also installed the latest stable binaries
from
your website (20011006).

If I try to do a make in the mlton-20020312 directory (after having
done what I can with the runtime) I get the complaint:

unbound variable MLton.Word.addCheck

As far as I know this is because I upgraded to 20011006 - so that I get
this instead of the complaints with the exception history. Even if
I don't make the runtime first - the complaint is still the same:

unbound variable MLton.Word.addCheck

So, ehm - any hints? :)

> > gc.c: 1058: warning 'tmp' might be used uninitialized in this function
>
> Weird.  I don't get that error.

I don't get it anymore either now :)

Cheers
--