Cygwin cross compiler

Stephen Weeks sweeks@acm.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:32:06 -0800

> Right; this won't work.  There's some serious funkiness in the way the
> system is bootstrapping right now.  In theory, it works as follows:
>
> make the build directories (src/build/bin src/build/lib
> 	src/build/lib/$(HOST) src/build/lib/$(HOST)/include)
> after this, the default makefile goes ahead and compiles mllex, mlyacc,
> 	and mlprof

Thanks for the overview.  I just wanted to point out that the sequence
of steps is performed by the all target in the root Makefile.  So, as
Matthew said, if you install the binaries that he just made and you
make the one line change to gc.c, you should be able to make MLton by
doing 'make all'.

BTW, does anyone know if there's any way to reflect the difference
between 2.2 and 2.4 with an #ifdef in gc.c, or is configure the only
way?

> Anoq, if you see this before Steve and Henry get a chance to update the
> rpms on the MLton website, you can grab the new ones from
> www.cs.cornell.edu/People/fluet/MLton.

Henry, please add them.