[MLton-devel] SmallEiffel mark-sweep GC

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:59:29 -0500

Yes, that was the paper.  After reading most of it over I agree that it isn't
quite what we would want.  Their use of small blocks of memory all  with  one
type  means  allocation is considerably more expensive.  As you say, it would
be a gain for small objects in the non-nursery generations.

Is the reversal method really good cache-wise?  I guess you don't have a  lot
of  choice since any thing else can use unbounded amounts of memory, but with
it you are doing a lot of writes.