[MLton-devel] mlprof

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:00:17 -0500 (EST)

I was thinking of adding a -code {false|true} option to mlprof that would
affect -d 1 (and maybe -d 2) detail levels.  The idea is to scan for a
.ssa file (similar to the way we scan for .cfg.dot file) and extract the
corresponding SSA block to be displayed along with the other output.  For
example:

main_0                                        89.53%
     loop_10                 19.86%
  loop_10 (x_92: int)
    x_177: state_1 = Ref_deref(state_1) (x_106)
    case x_177 of
      Open_0 => L_129 | Closed_1 => L_122
     L_125                   19.05%
  L_125 (x_172: int)
    Ref_assign(int) (first_0, x_172)
    sub_0 (x_173, x_89)
     L_127                   16.97%
  L_127 ()
    x_173: int = Ref_deref(int) (first_0)
    x_175: int = Ref_deref(int) (x_100)
    x_174: bool = Int_lt (x_173, x_175)
    case x_174 of
      false => L_124 | true => L_126

Too unreadable?  Ideas for extracting the SSA block?  Is the indenting
sufficient for determining the beginning/end of an SSA block?