[MLton-devel] Int-inf shifts

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:48:08 -0600

I agree that you do implement floor(i / 2^n), but my claim is that that is not
what they meant and it doesn't agree with the textual description:
	shift i to the right by n bit positions
Also I have never seen a language that used that operation.
I would mail Reppy to see if that was what he had in mind.  The notion of
rounding towards negative infinity seems pretty bizzare since it isn't
compatible with thinking of the left hand side as a sequence of bits.