[MLton-devel] cvs commit: merge of allocation profiling branch

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 13:52:14 -0800

> Hm, I must have been insane when I computed 40 hours.
> Either way I would probably dump the 4-byte format eventually just for
> simplicity, but there isn't any rush.

It's an easy (< 1 hour) change.  My only worry is the factor of two in
table size at run time.  We can either decide that the factor of two
doesn't hurt, or to have fewer buckets than the number of addresses.

But at 100 days, I'm not sure it's worth even the one hour or the risk
of additional performance impact of profiling.  At 40 hours I
definitely would make the change.