[MLton-devel] MLton meeting in Chicago in February

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:03:32 -0800

I propose we have a MLton meeting in Chicago/Evanston on February 21,
22, and 23.  That is a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, so none of us will
have to miss too much class/work and so that those of us flying can
have a Saturday night stay.  I would like to pick a time when the four
of us (Henry, Matthew, Stephen, Suresh) can make all three days, so if
those dates don't work for you, speak up.

Henry would be responsible for local arrangements -- i.e. making sure
we a have a room with enough white board space.

We can think about an agenda if we need to, but I think it should be
almost completely unstructured.  We have plenty to talk about (opus,
exceptions, limit checks, x86-64, ...).

We could invite other locals (Brad, Jens, Mayur, Pat, ...) for
something more structured if they would like to and we can think of
something useful to do.  Although it occurs to me if we did that then
maybe it would make more sense to have the meeting at Purdue.