[MLton-devel] nucleic benchmark times

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:09:26 -0500 (EST)

> Here's my situation (he says after mailbombing the MLton development list ...).

I think that I speak for everyone when I say that we do appreciate all of
your feedback.  Even if MLton hasn't turned out to be a solution for your
scientific computing, it's much better to hear the reasons why MLton isn't
suitable for your needs than the silent masses who try MLton, find it
doesn't speed up the benchmark in their problem domain, and don't point
out the places where MLton could be improved.  All of your comments have
certainly sparked thoughts on where MLton should/needs to move in the
future.