[MLton-devel] nucleic benchmark times

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:55:30 -0600

One thing to be cautious about in Matthew's numbers (which are great) is which
version of gcc was used.  We should to the run with at least gcc 3.2, and
possibly with gcc 3.3 just to make sure that things haven't changed there.
I know that gcc 2.96 did some really weird things in local code generation that
only make sense on 386's, nothing higher level.  Thus one of the newer versions,
with at least -mcpu=i686 (which tells it to schedule assuming a 686, but the
code will runn on 386 or better) would be worth checking.