[MLton-devel] MLton Install and Win32 port...

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:07:04 -0700

> It's the lastest release from the MLton website (unmodified) that
> I'm installing.  First a binary install and then a selfcompile from
> source (which is the one that fails).

Oh ok.  Bad.

> And as I mentioned I tried to rename and old mlton files on my
> system so that it shouldn't be those that it's running.

You didn't send the entire -v2 trace, which prints the version at the
top.   Check it to make sure it's 20020923.

> I tried replaing -v with -v2 in the subdir. mlton/Makefile.
> I have attached the last part of the output, but it doesn't seem
> to say so much.

Agreed.

> Regarding strace - could you please tell me how and where to
> do this? :) I'm not really much of a Unix-command-hacker.

Sure.  'strace foo arg1 ...' runs command foo with arg1 ... and prints
out all the system calls.  So, if you replace the exec in line 28 of
/usr/bin/mlton with strace, so the line looks like

		strace "$mlton" @MLton load-world "$world" $rargs -- "$@"

then, when you run MLton, you'll get all the system calls.