[MLton-devel] allocating space for IntInf primitives

Suresh Jagannathan suresh@cs.purdue.edu
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:55:28 -0500

Offhand, it doesn't seem like a great idea to allocate intinfs in
older generations by default, since they may often have very
ephemeral lifetimes.  Matthew's suggestion that the gc decide where
to allocate them seems like a reasonable solution.

I also tend to agree that primitives in the gc that provide max size during an
allocation event is probably all that we'd want short of specializing
the primitives.

-- Suresh