[MLton-devel] MLton on NetBSD

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:51:15 -0700

> Any suggestions before I start the task of trying to make MLton compile
> under NetBSD?

You need to decide whether to cross-compile from Linux -> NetBSD or
from FreeBSD -> NetBSD.  If you can run the FreeBSD MLton executables
on NetBSD, then I would bet that is the way to go.  Otherwise,
hopefully NetBSD has the linux emulation layer and you can go that
way.

Also, you need to decide whether NetBSD is different enough from
FreeBSD to warrant a new hostType (see mlton/control/control.sig and
basis-library/mlton/mlton.sig) so that the compiler and basis library
can special case NetBSD.  My guess is that you should create it.

One large patch emailed to MLton@mlton.org is best.