[MLton-devel] yeah, that did the trick

Sam Rushing rushing@nightmare.com
15 Sep 2002 11:40:06 -0700

--=-397TRtVUEtej6P0a8/Ek

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 07:38, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> > and I've relinked mlton such that I now have a working
> > mlton-compiled-with-mlton-on-freebsd.  Next step will be to compile
> > it with itself, and finally make some progress!
>=20
> I'm confused.  What does mlton-compiled-with-mlton-on-freebsd mean, if
> not that you have compiled it with itself?

The version I had up to that point had been compiled with sml/nj.

There are still a few regressions that aren't passing, but for the most
part it seems to work, and is much faster.  With some experimentation I
got it to run fastest with the '-fixed-heap' option.  I have 400MB of
memory, and it worked fine with '-fixed-heap 200m'.

-Sam

--=-397TRtVUEtej6P0a8/Ek

--=-397TRtVUEtej6P0a8/Ek--