[MLton-devel] Porting mlton

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:37:00 -0700

> MLton seems to be nice piece of work. But only Linux as a platform? HRM!
> (Windows doesnt count, sorry, hehe). What does it take to part it to,
> for instance *BSD?

Hi Jesper.  Thanks for the compliment.  In fact, we are in the process
of porting to FreeBSD right now.  You are welcome to try the
experimental port we just posted at

It passes all our tests and is able to self compile, so it should go
in the next release, which is imminent.

BTW everyone, Jesper just joined the MLton-devel mailing list.
Welcome!  Jesper, just so you've been warned, this is a very high
traffic list.  But we like to discuss all things ML here.  We're
especially happy to answer questions people new to the MLton sources,
since we really need to build up some documentation along those lines.