[MLton-devel] heap frontier movement while in C code

Henry Cejtin MLton@MLton.org
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:01:01 -0600

I'm  sorry  that this is coming so late, but I'm confused about the notion of
the C interface changing so that the heap frontier can move around.   Doesn't
this  keep  the  bignum  code from being able to roll back the heap?  That is
pretty important since without it we will have to zero out the holes  created
in the heap and will also cause GC's to occur more frequently.

Am  I  missing  something  obvious?   I understand that the ability of having
call-backs is very good.