[MLton-devel] Robustness problem with 20030312 X86-LINUX

Stephen Weeks sweeks@sweeks.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:14:59 -0700

> I just checked in a fix;

Thanks Matthew.

Alain, one other comment about the compile log you sent.

         outputAssembly raised in 489.69 + 0.0 (0.0% GC)
      x86 code gen raised in 489.69 + 0.0 (0.0% GC)
   Compile SML raised in 1880.09 + 0.0 (0.0% GC)
MLton raised in 1880.11 + 0.0 (0.0% GC)

Since it shows no time spent in GC, I conclude you are using a version
of MLton built with stubs, instead of doing a full bootstrap.  So,
either the shipped package is not what I intended, or you are building
MLton yourself.  If the latter, I recommend using the 'bootstrap'
target when making.  This will do another round of self compile, which
will build a *much* faster MLton.