[MLton-devel] mGTK for MLton status

Ken Friis Larsen ken@friislarsen.net
16 Aug 2003 13:04:39 +0100

Hi Guys,

Sorry for being so slow to send you any feedback, but I'm handing my
PhD dissertation 1/9.  Everything else has been put on hold.

This is just a short post to keep you updated with the current status.

The mini-mGTK mock-up is completed (as has been for some time now) if
you want a snapshot you can find one here:

         http://www.itu.dk/people/kfl/tmp/mini-gtk.tgz

Just unpack it and write "make mlton" to build the two executable:
helloworld-mlton and buttons-galore-mlton

The bad new is that it works with my oldish MLton CVS check-out but
not with the mlton in Debian sarge.  It seems that MLton barf on the
output from pkg-config when I try to execute:

   mlton -output helloworld-mlton -verbose 1 helloworld-mlton.cm \
      mgtk-mlton.o `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`

Any suggestions on how to change things?  (Sorry, if this is in the
documentation somewhere.  To be honest I havn't had time to try hard
to solve the problem).

When this problem is solved Henning will start to write the
codegenerator for MLton.

Cheers,

--Ken