[MLton-devel] NetBSD support for MLton (!)

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis@mongers.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:39:46 +0100

I am happy to announce I got MLton to work on NetBSD this afternoon. 5
hours of bootstrapping from SML/NJ was needed, but now it is compiling
itself neatly in less than 7-8 minutes or so.

I intend to make the install directory public. I have chosen to install
into /usr/local instead of /usr to follow with NetBSD's layout policy a
bit more. This is ok for a start until others can bootstrap from the
compiler.

Things that need to be done first:

a) Pack and announce place of the bootstrapped compiler
b) run a full regression suite on it
c) send the patches needed to the list here. They need a bit of cleanup
   first.

I will address these 3 things shortly.

--
j.