[MLton] cvs commit: world no longer contains a preprocessed basis library

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:01:24 -0800

> I was playing around with SML/NJ's GenSML to try and port John
> Reppy's ml-doc tools, but the problem is that (unsurprisingly)
> GenSML is really GenSMLNJ and uses the extended syntax functor G =
> F, which is rejected by MLton.

Have you found any other NJ-isms in GenSML?  I am trying to decide
what to with the mention of cmcat in the MLton User Guide.

	http://www.mlton.org/user-guide/Porting_SML_NJ_CM.html

Since cmcat requires SML/NJ 110.9.1, it's hardly a viable option for
most people.  I would like to either replace the reference to cmcat
with a discussion of GenSML, or at least add a paragraph on how to use
GenSML to port from SML/NJ to MLton.  Matthew, could you write such a
paragraph?