[MLton] basis html

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:57:39 -0800

I thought a little bit more about including the basis html in MLton
packages, and have decided against it, for two reasons.  First, we
would either have to include it in our CVS tree or the packaging
scripts would have to be able to grab it from somewhere else.  Both of
those seem bad.  Second, as John Reppy explained, the copyright
doesn't require permission for internet distribution, but does require
permission for other forms, including CD.  That seems incredibly
limiting and would prevent MLton packages from going lots of places.

One possible alternative would be to take a snapshot of the basis html
from standardml.org at the time we make the release, and put that at
mlton.org, linked from the user guide at mlton.org.  We could even put
up a tgz.

Thoughts?