[MLton] MLton does not compile (20031229 sources)

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:18:47 -0500 (EST)

> Now we have the alphaNumChar () into the code, I thought my program
> should make use of it. The slight problem is we die in the parse-
> AndElaborate pass of the compiler with:
>
> Error: ../lib/mlton-stubs/mlton.sig 34.26: undefined signature MLTON_POINTER
>
> Is this reproduceable anywhere else, or is it my 14 Dec compiler which
> needs upgrading? (Arch is NetBSD).

It's a bug; the MLTON_POINTER signature hasn't been exported.  Although,
it hasn't been documented either.

I'll check in a fix shortly.  To make progress without upgrading, it
should suffice to find

  basis-library/libs/basis-2002/top-level/top-level.sml
and add
  signature MLTON_POINTER = MLTON_POINTER