[MLton-devel] MLton and profiling

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:59:38 -0800

> Unfortunately, I'm struggling to get this version of mlton to compile
> Metis. The first problem is the changes to the Basis library: the
> removal of the GC field in timer records, the disappearance of
> Array.extract, etc. But I'm sure I'll be able to work around these in
> time.

Yes, unfortunately there have been some changes in the basis library
specification.  For the time being, you can compile with "-basis 1997"
to use the old basis library.  I imagine we will have to keep it
around for a while to support old code.

> A bigger problem is the #include <gmp.h> line in IntInt.h. I don't
> have root access, and so I've installed GMP in my home directory. Is
> there any support for users who've done this? If not, I could just
> hack the files as necessary to get it to compile.

The best fix I can think of is to put gmp.h in the mlton include
directory, usr/lib/mlton/self/include.