[MLton-devel] errno problem

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:37:52 -0600

I did some web searching and the only thing I see is that errno is a macro,
which was true quite a while ago.  (The posting was dated December 26th 2002.)
This causes using the variable name `errno', even for a local variable, to
cause compilation errors, but I don't think that it would explain this.

I looked a bit more and found
http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2002/debian-glibc-200212/msg00364.html
which makes it seem that not only is errno a macro (at least officially allowed
by C99, even though stupid) but also that some errno object exists in the
library.