[MLton-devel] icfp?

Suresh Jagannathan MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:29:21 -0500

I was speaking with Olin Shivers last week and he
strongly encouraged us to submit something for
ICFP this  year; they are actively looking for
implementation-related papers.  With the new
profiler, maybe we could use an icfp submission
as the core for the opus backend?  I was thinking
of something along the lines of Shao's 98 icfp
paper on Implementing Typed Intermediate Languages
where we use profile information to guage the cost
of various optimization phases.  Of course, we need to
braninstorm a bit to figure out exactly what we want to
emphasize, but since the deadline is end of March,
we've got a bit of time.