[MLton-devel] icfp

Suresh Jagannathan MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:30:40 -0500

Right, just in the compiler.   Shao had a paper in ICFP'98 where
he discusses the cost of maintaining types in Flint, and the various
tricks employed to minimize type representation overheads.  By
running the profiler on a self-compile, I was hoping we'd be able
make a similar argument that allocation and time overhead in translating
to a simply-typed IL is relatively low.