[MLton-devel] -profile time and the native codegen

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 08:09:02 -0800

Matthew, I was wondering about a possible imprecision in time
profiling introduced by the native codegen.  When compiling -profile
time, the type checker for Machine makes sure that all blocks (except
for those of Kind.Func) begin with a ProfileLabel.  I was wondering
though, what happens with new blocks created by the native codegen.
Will those mostly fall in the right place?  How difficult would it be
to add a ProfileLabel to such blocks (and modify the labels in
profileInfo)?