[MLton-devel] upcoming public release

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:59:26 -0600

Excellent.   I  want  to  test  my  code  using the new basis library and the
profiling stuff and an experimental release is just what I need.

With regards to the codegen list-reversal stuff, I am certainly  not  arguing
against  avoiding  the  reversing  copy,  but I wonder if the problem doesn't
point more to our need for some kind of nursery/generational GC.  My point is
that  the  reversed  version  of the lists originally constructed are classic
examples of very ephemeral memory uses, and  now  they  are  triggering  more
major GCs.  No real idea here, just a vague thought.