[MLton-devel] upcoming public release

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:03:34 -0600

My impression is that the current GC takes everything alive in the nursery
when the nursery fills up, and copies it to what is essentially the next older
generation than the nuersery.  I guess that that should make the ephemeral
stuff pretty cheap since it probably won't be alive then.  If so then the
saving of avoiding the reversal should be pretty minimal, shouldn't it?
I.e., it is never GC'd, so it is only the actual reversint time.