[MLton-devel] upcoming public release

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 02:29:46 -0600

You are right, and I really am not arguing against eliminating the reversal
(assuming it is correct of course), just that sometimes these source-level
optimizations blind one to the fact that the original code could be compiled
well.  After all, suppose some one said that we should stop using fold and
just manually inline the loop's in each case.  We can easily reject that now
because it doesn't matter, but before MLton existed, it would have been
effective, but clearly way inferior to having the compiler to it.
Any way, like I said, just a thought.