[MLton-devel] upcoming release

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:16:15 -0700

I think we're in a stable state and I'd like to do a release in the
next few days.  Here are the outstanding issues that I am aware of:

1. What should be done with the types.h file that gets included in the
   generated export header file?

2. How far along is the native codegen Int64 support?

3. Debian seg faults.

As to (1), I think the simplest solution is to put the typedefs in the
generated header file.  Another solution is to #define them at the
beginning of the file and #undef them at the end.  This would avoid
polluting the namespace of C code that #includes the header.  Although
maybe the C code would want the typedefs available.  Any thoughts?

Matthew, can you comment on (2)?

As to (3), I've been seeing problems with Debian sarge for months now
and haven't been able to make any progress.  Since MLton works well
everywhere else, I'm inclined to blame Debian (or at least newer
versions of gcc and friends).  I'll spend some more time today trying
to track it down, but if I can't find anything, I'm inclined to
release without Debian, and wait until sarge gets more stable.

I just checked in updates to the man pages and user guide to catch
everything up.  If people can scan through those and check for errors
that would be great.

Any other issues?