[MLton-devel] A CM replacement for MLton

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:39:43 -0500

I haven't finished thinking about the CM replacement, but expanding on
Matthew's comment, the MOST important thing in my opinion would be a tool,
written in standard ML, which takes a program specified as what ever MLton
would use and which produces a standard ML program.  The scoping aspects
might require renaming, which would be sad, and which really should do the
minimal renaming needed, but this way some one could actually move things
from our world to standard ML even if they no longer had access to MLton.