[MLton-devel] Re: MLton on Debian

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:16:00 -0500

Did you have to pay for the VMware upgrade?  Any comments on what the problem
was?
I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that you use an Athlon CPU.
I know that the virtualization stuff, which VMware must use, is pretty strange
and CPU specific.  Also it isn't used much so it could be that Athlons aren't
completely compatible (either deliberately or due to an error).  I do know that
in the 2.6 kernel notes (the kernel doesn't exist yet) there is mention of
some Athlon bug work around, but I didn't see any details on what it was and
clearly it can't be too horrible.  Also the notes talked about any thing that
was done since the original 2.4 came out so we could already have the bug
fix for that in place.