[MLton-devel] FFI real as float? Also a note to Anoq.

Mike Thomas mthomas@gil.com.au
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:36:48 +1000

Well Stephen,

Thanks to your attention to my requests and most recently that new
experimental release I was able to get my first MLton OpenGL window up
tonight, which makes me feel quite confident about the future of this
porting project (and 100x more enthusiastic).

I won't give this my full attention for another week or two as I'm seriously
stuck on a Windows GNU Common Lisp bug which is blocking work on the new
ANSI port, but hopefully once that is out of the way I can let rip on this
project and get it out of the way - it's of greater interest to me I can
assure you.

Here's my next question.

Is it possible to pass a float rather than a double from SML to C without
writing a C wrapper or C land casting function?

As an aside to Anoq, I'm looking forward to that MinGW port and also your
SDL library being updated!!

A very pleased Mike Thomas.

---