[MLton-devel] FFI real as float? Also a note to Anoq.

Mike Thomas mthomas@gil.com.au
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:40:35 +1000

Hi again.

> No problem.  My help will be pretty sparse over the next 4 weeks, with
> 3 trips and a move going on.

Best of luck with that.

> Not right now.  We plan to support the Real32 structure and have
> implemented some of the infrastructure to do so, but it's not there
> yet.  My guess is that it's a couple of months off.  If it would be a
> sufficient stopgap, we might be able to roll together the following
> module in the interim.
>
> structure Real32:
>    sig
>       type real
>
>       val toLarge: real -> LargeReal.real
>       val fromLarge: IEEEReal.rounding_mode -> LargeReal.real -> real
>    end

Thanks, but I think you've done the important stuff already and I can get on
with lots of work as things stand (barring other unforeseens), so don't bend
your schedule out of shape on that issue.

> BTW, Anoq is on MLton-user (the list of MLton users) but not on
> MLton-devel (the list of developers and few others), so I've cc'ed him
> on this mail.

Woops - thanks.

> I'm looking forward to writing some OpenGL code!

You will I'm sure.  Do you have a particular project in mind or are you just
aiming to increase MLton's usability?

Cheers

Mike Thomas.

---